Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

So, I gave up (2010 GSX650FU)

Discussion in 'Showcase' at netrider.net.au started by JuzzyDee, Nov 17, 2010.

1. Some of you may have heard me constantly complaining about the cruiser. Uncomfortable, not fun, horrible to ride blah blah blah.

Well I figured rather than whinge about it and ride a bike I don't like, I'd do something about it. So ta-da, the 2nd bike in my stable, (Anyone wanna buy a cruiser? :p)

Today I took delivery of my GSX650FU Lams Approved first REAL taste of riding pleasure! I feel sorry for the Yammy, it looks so sad parked next to my new flame.

Attached Files:

2. congrats bud :)

3. Congrats, my 2009 model has been a brilliant machine. Slightly sad to see her go.

4. Sweet looking rig! You'll have fun on that

5. She gone yet, chrome?

6. No, alexanderino, she is not. Sadly I have another couple of weeks to wait. Should have the GT around the 2nd, based on shipping data from the distributor. See the other thread.

7. Congratulations! I have a 2008 model all black GSX650F unrestricted model and love it, it is a really nice bike to ride and there are plenty of bits and pieces around you can buy to customise if you choose. Obviously you need to look at how some of the aftermarket parts could affect the LAMS approval though.

They are great bike, easy to cruise on and do long days and also enough go to have some more spirited fun when you feel like it too.

8. OK … thanks for the update, and for the added bold goodness :D

P.S.: I boldify usernames for reasons of clarity :)

9. Now you can start to have some real fun, fun that you can actually enjoy!
    Congratulations!

10. is that "FU" subtley expressing your distaste for the cruiser? :)

what type of cruiser?

very neat looking. grats!

11. Sweeeeet, congrats! Looks great!

12. These are a GREAT bike! Have fun!

13. Nice colour scheme. Enjoy.

14. I thought cruisers are meant to be the most comfortable..

15. #15 JuzzyDee, Nov 20, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2015
    It's definitely more showroom comfortable if that makes sense. It's very comfortable to sit on at first, but because your so upright and the pegs are where they are, your spine takes every bump and jolt in the road, and if you've been to Queensland, especially anywhere outside of the S.E corner, that's a lot of bumps and jolts, our roads are a disgrace. Mind you the problems I have may be unique to me, I did have a pushbike crash that resulted in flipping on a downramp and landing on my tailbone, the 15 seconds I couldn't feel or move my legs were the scariest 15 seconds of my life.

But the short of it is for me, the cruiser is insanely comfortable for short trips, no more than 50km, after that the pressure point on my tailbone creates excruciating pain, and riding becomes extremely painful and impossible to enjoy. The sports tourer style creates no such pressure point, so while the initial sit on is less comfortable, the ride all day factor is much much higher.

Thanks for the kind words everyone, I'm having an absolute ball on the bike, will get some real pictures soon, for the minute here's a short video to keep you entertained... or not :p

[media=youtube]L_QZ4tMg4jA[/media]

16. I like the look of them...moar videos