Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

So, did you ride on Cup Day ?

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' at netrider.net.au started by doonx, Nov 8, 2006.

1. I wanted to, but didn't get out there. I had nothing else to do, no other plans so I just sat at home by myself. Ho hum.

Did anyone else get out amongst it ? What was the traffic like ? It was cold and a bit blowey, but I bet the roads were quiet.

2. at work alldeay..and it was a beauty of aday... 25+ little wind the tarmac would be empty...and I was stuck behind my computer.

3. I went for a little squirt out on my local back roads,
    I rode my usual "get out of the house" routé
    I did a pleasant loop from Craigieburn out through Konagadeera, Wildwood (a couple of twisties), Romesy, Lancefield, across to Kilmore,on to Wallan (stopped for hot choccy by the fire at a mates place) and then back home via the old Sydney road.
    Very windy with a few drops of rain and a bit cold, but fun all the same.
    Not much traffic out here in the sticks, especially on the back roads :)

4. Oh yeah (in Duffman's voice)
    I did a run up the Macquarie Pass in the mid-morning, just as the road had dried. There were road-works at Albion Park, with traffic stopped, so I filtered up to the Stop-Go man and was first in the queue at the 'off'. So I had a clear run for 99% of the Pass; only a truck, quickly despatched near the top, hindered the ride! It was good to be able to establish a rhythm through corner after corner, instead of having to worry about where (or IF) one could overtake.
    A pie and a chat with a fellow rider at the Pie Shop, and then back down to home, again only a couple of cars, easily dealt with.
    But I DID notice (see separate thread) that I seem to be favouring right-hand bends more than left-hand bends. hmmm, must have a think about that..
    Today???
    The sun has just broken through, I have a talk to prepare for Sunday's church, and then I'm off again.

5. Oh yeah (in Duffman's voice)
    I did a run up the Macquarie Pass in the mid-morning, just as the road had dried. There were road-works at Albion Park, with traffic stopped, so I filtered up to the Stop-Go man and was first in the queue at the 'off'. So I had a clear run for 99% of the Pass; only a truck, quickly despatched near the top, hindered the ride! It was good to be able to establish a rhythm through corner after corner, instead of having to worry about where (or IF) one could overtake.
    A pie and a chat with a fellow rider at the Pie Shop, and then back down to home, again only a couple of cars, easily dealt with.
    But I DID notice (see separate thread) that I seem to be favouring right-hand bends more than left-hand bends. hmmm, must have a think about that..
    Today???
    The sun has just broken through, I have a talk to prepare for Sunday's church, and then I'm off again.

6. I was riding in King Lake again. Hadn't seen the bike in a week because I was in NSW.

The roads were very quiet (even in the city). I did see a few bikes on the way up to King Lake though. :)

7. Did 60km on the pushy, does that count? A bit cold and windy though, not much fun.

8. yep
    rode in the morning
    went home made spud salad and normal salad and curried eggs
    n chips n dips ect
    had a BBQ that started at 12 and n I cooked up a storm on the bbq
    everyone fed and content
    i got out the totem tennis and horse shoes to throw
    took some classic funny photos everyone took a turn or 2 :shock:

Great company Great fun

finished at 6 pm :grin:
    rode the bike in the evening

Exellent day all round

9. I wasn't able to get out on the bike, but late in the afternoon I spent some quality time cleaning it, tightening a few nuts & bolts, etc. Which was quite satisfying.

God I lead a sad, sad life... :LOL:

10. A quick blast up Arthur's Seat on the way to get some milk :wink:

No real traffic about :grin:

11. Hey Pinkxie I've being meaning to ask, is that you in your pic? Because I swear I saw a person on a bike and they looked just like your pic. Hmmmm....

12. Yep - that's a pic of me on the Pink Ribbon ride.

13. Made a 4 day weekend of it and rode with the club around the Snowies. Several other clubs up there too.

2000km of excellent twisties and sweepers. Sweet. Mansfield to Yea, urrrgh.