Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

So can you wheelie a 201 BMW F650 GS?

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' started by troyxlr8, Sep 12, 2011.

1. Hey guys,
    I got my F650 GS like just over a week ago and I'm wondering if it has enough balls to wheelie?

My KLX 650 in first gear I move back a bit on the seat and can 'pop it like its hot' ;) without clutch or anything just a small fist of throttle and a little bounce.. Im still running in the F650 but it doesnt feel like it has that sort of power to it but yet its got 75bhp..

Any thoughts guys?
  2. only one way to find out...
  3. I rode a BMW650 dakkar on a adventure ride in South Africa last year, and with a bit of coaxing I was able to clutch the front up in 2nd with a hand full of revs an no respect for the drivetrain.
    It was pretty easy to clutch it straight up from almost a standstill (1st). Might of been geared a bit differently than yours??
  4. I don't know about the new F650's, but I know the old ones could wheelie quite well, not by me though. :oops:
  5. yeah I think the Dakkar was geared different. But they only had a single 650cc.. the new one even though its called a F650 is actually a 798cc..

if i take off quick n give it everything for the first half of the revs, it just doesn't seem like it has that power curve to pull it up.. maybe a clutch job but i prefer the power pull as it isnt as harsh on the drive line..
  6. Not true!

Clutching any bike up is the way to go. More control = better wheelies.

You'll never get it up without using the clutch!
  7. That's what she said.....
  8. Yeah, I'll go back to the KLX 650 n play with the clutch lift n give it a go.. (I dont care if i drop the KLX)

The clutch lift is what they have said on the heap of youtube videos but the KLX just doesnt seem like it needs it, when i have clutched it it just wheel spins usually..