Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

So bloody stupid!

Discussion in 'Your Near Misses - A Place to Vent' started by Quivorir, Sep 11, 2011.

1. Get to my mums and my brother tells me to park my bike behind the gate. I park it on the grass. It's been raining for the last few days. I push down on the bike to see of the grass is hard enough to support it. It passed the testso I go inside only to come out 10 minutes later to find thebike on it's side with a snapped mirror. :(

Bloody ground gave way. So pissed off. I'm usually a lot more careful :(

Anyone know what Honda charge for mirrors normally?
  2. An old non-OEM CBR250 mirror cost about $30 (new). Probably best to go with a non-OEM part as its just a mirror and I couldn't tell much difference. Only thing is that being a new CBR250 there might not be a large generic parts market yet? Good luck.
  3. Mate i wouldn't trust parking in the grass even if it hadn't been raining. Mirrors aren't too expensive, and as macca pointed out there's plenty on ebay.
  4. sorry to hear your bike dropped, best thing is, you werent on it at the time!! Bits n pieces are easier to replace, a lesson learnt!!
  5. I carry a small catfood can for situations such as this.
  6. other carry crushed cans of coke! make agreat 'plate' for the side stand!!
  7. Thanks for the links guys. Just got an email from Honda, the mirror is only 50 bucks so may as well pay the extra 8 bucks and get a real one right away.

And those kick stand plates are brilliant. I use a small piece of wood at home so these would be handy.
  8. any space under your seat? carry it always!