Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

So apparently I am invisible today..

Discussion in 'Your Near Misses - A Place to Vent' started by DragonCypher, Nov 2, 2009.

1. On my way home today from a local engine builder, and going down a 60km/h street with no other traffic:
    I had a car pull out of a driveway from the left, slamming the brakes on AFTER they were infront of me and I had to swerve to the other side of the road to avoid them as I was too close to stop.

5 seconds later the exact same thing happened again from another driveway on the left, leaving me to wonder if I had a huge target painted on me

Then about 10 seconds after that I went through an intersection, where I had right of way (being on the main street) and someone in a hatchback went through a give way from my right and before they could stop were almost about to t-bone me. Ended up swerving left into some empty parking spots to avoid that one

The first 2 are sort of understandable as theres no visibility when pulling out of those drive ways, coulda gone a bit slower though..

But the girl driving the hatchback was in clear view well before she came to the give way sign, and was looking right at me the whole time
    Did she just assume I would get out of her way?

:butt: Bloody cages

2. bikes pull the ladies, put a sticker on the side with your mobile number.

but in all seriousness glad you didnt come to greif

3. Haha nice one, never would have thought of that.

I wonder if anyone has actually tried it

4. Mystery solved =D>
  5. ^^LOL, i must admit i was thinking a similar thing