Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

NSW Snowy Mountains Highway at Brown Mountain

Discussion in 'Hazardous Road Condition Reports' started by Mr Flibble, Feb 16, 2015.

1. Roads and Maritime Services will be carrying out a range of maintenance activities on the Snowy Mountains Highway at Brown Mountain that will require full and partial closures. This work will be from the base of the mountain, to the B double uncoupling bay at the top.

The full and partial closures are required to ensure the safety of road users and workers.

The changed traffic conditions from the base of the mountain to the B Double uncoupling bay at the top of the mountain will be;

• One lane will be closed from Monday 2 to Monday 9 March 2015.

• Full road closure requiring all traffic to detour from 9am on Monday 9 March to 12pm Friday 13 March 2015

• One lane will be closed again from Friday 13 March to Friday 27 March.

When one lane is closed motorists will be able to pass through the worksite under the guidance of traffic controllers.

When the full road closure occurs from 9 March to 13 March motorists travelling to the coast from the Monaro Highway will need to detour onto the Kings Highway to the north or Imlay Road to the south. Detours may require planning for an extra 2 hours of travelling time.

Local traffic may use local roads as an alternate route but B-double vehicles will need to detour along Imlay Road.

We apologise for any inconvenience this work may cause and appreciate the patience of residents and road users.

Up to date information, including any date changes and detours will be displayed on electronic message signs along the road.

For further information please contact Melanie Musgrove on 02 4475 6910 or by email Melanie.Musgrove@rms.nsw.gov.au.

Great, so Mt Darrah is going to get additional truck traffic again. That's what rooted it last time Brown Mtn was closed... :(
  2. B-Doubles on Imlay Rd :wideyed:

The timber jinkers are frightening enough.
  3. Thanks for the tip, jf, this will effect me at least coming home from the Jindabyne ride.....
    I'm happy that they are fixing the road, but couldn't have been a worse day!!!!
  4. Bugger, was planning to be going that way on the 10th. Luckily I've got plenty of time so I'll head through Tantawangalo for a bit of sight seeing, road looks just as squiggily.