Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Snow in Little Chermside

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by Lizzy, May 19, 2005.

1. Well we just had an interesting storm

Um I have never seen hail like this before. I thought the windows were gonna break.

We went outside and OMG my plants were covered up in hail stones.. We turn around and OMFG it looks like it snowed.. All my eyes could see was white.. The road was white.. Not a bit of black tar to see.

Pics included
    http://web.aanet.com.au/csls22/Hail Storm 19-5-05/

Oh and for those that don't alredy know.... Hail is slippery :oops:

Lisa :twisted:
  2. Some good pics. Hope the bike wasn't out in it?
  3. Fancy brisbane having hail like that...amazing stuff. :shock:

I just hope the rain gives over by the time l get up there.
  4. Never thought Queensland would have that sort of weather. Only seen it happen once or twice in Vic in the last 25 years.
  5. Yeah saw the report on the late news last night. In one place the hail was unto the wheelhubs on a Holden Rodeo I think it was...that's close to about 8-10 inches I reckon...:LOL:
  6. we didn't more than a few drops here on the gold coast. Could hear the thunder and see the lightning all night, but it totally missed us. prolly a good thing, would have made the ride home interesting...
  7. I was glad that i didn't ride in to uni yesterday! Bus trip was actually entertaining. It was an amazing sight, morons still going 60-70kph, then crashing into one another when they realise that ice is slippery.

Smash repair shops would be rubbing their hands together today!
  8. That kinda hail happens almost every year around brisbane. i remember the hail damaged car sales that used to happen all the time.