Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Snooker Table - Alcock, Thompson & Taylor

Discussion in 'Archived' started by doonx, Nov 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alcock, Thomson and Taylor Antique Snooker Table

Traditional Barrel Leg Design circa 1940’s/1950’s
    9ft x 4ft 6 inches
    Approximately 740 Kg weight
    Cost brand new today - $10,000

Furniture grade timbers, specially selected for reliability, hard wearing character and attractive appearance.

Traditional Alcock cushions with their well deserved reputation for pace, reliability, and angle of response, including matched set of moulded rubber by Northern Rubber Co of Retford, England. Pocket openings cut and shaped to conform to International Billiards and Snooker Federation templates for match play.

Italian Slate – in sections jointed together by means of brass dowels, machined to receive 4 inch cushion bolts; pocket opening profiles set to conform to International Billiards and Snooker Federation standards; hand finished and ground by hand to produce a playing surface of unrivalled reliability.

The Cloth - the finest available from the mills of Strachan & Co of Gloucestershire, England.

Framework – main show timbers of Brazilian or African mahogany; made entirely in the traditional manner, including classic mortice and tenon jointing throughout. Main frame tastefully embellished with prominent bolection moulds, with traditional knee panels.

Legs - turned from 200 mm blocks and hand finished; with slotted recess at toe to receive brass leg ring.

Show Timbers – polished in any one of several colours to ensure that you can achieve the best possible match to your existing furniture and décor.

Pockets – pocket brasses concealed as required by professional players. Pocket nets of cotton, hand made in Dorset, England; pocket leathers of genuine hide.

Transportation / installation as buyers cost. I recommend contacting Alcocks for professional advice on moving the table.

The table has normal wear but it is a beautiful example of a quality snooker table. The cloth was last replaced in 1980 when the table was professional moved to it's current location by Alcocks.

Will sell with table with all accessories included.

Balls – full sets
    Aramith snooker balls
    Aramith billiard balls
    Aramith pool balls

Cue Accessories
    Cue tips: Blue Diamond & Elk Master
    Cue chalk: Triangle
    Chalk holder –brass, steel & rubber (two attached to table)

Rests & Long Gear
    Cross rest head (brass & nylon)
    Spider rest head (brass & nylon)

Dust Cover

Pure bristle brush

Cue Stands
    Static - 9 hole cue stand

Traditional 2 roller marking board

If you wish any further information, please contact me via PM.
    The table is offered for sale via another medium and I will provide you with further reference at that time.

2. My goodness, I own one of those too, located in the Billiard room of my beach house. They sure are a quality table.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.