Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

snapped suzuki gsx250f (across) speedo cable

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' started by pow3r, Sep 11, 2011.

1. I snapped the speedo drive cable on my across the other night can anyone suggest a part number or compatible model for this part (was thinking the bandit might be a start)

i know i could get a second hand one, but i was hoping to buy new and not from a wrecker, cos i've read these cables can go, and figured a new one would last longer.

2. If you want new go to a dealer. You should be able to get one and they are likely to know what else is compatible.

Last time I did one I got a second hand one. They aren't something that goes all the time.

I got it from VicWreck in Heidelberg. Just added new lube assuming this would help it life.
  3. cheers, it turns out there's a dealership round the corner from me in box hill, and they only want 46 bucks for one.
    i'm used to paying $$$ for genuine parts for my cage, so i hadn't even considered a dealer
  4. Yeah, motorcycle parts can be cheaper in comparison to genuine car parts. Always try dealer first, get part number if possible and then you can shop around.

Also, good idea to lube it with some grease...if you don't, the extra heat can cause premature failure of the rotating bits.
  5. cheers, yeah i'll grab a cable lube tool and do the clutch and throttle too