Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

NSW SMSP Tyre Prices?

Discussion in 'Racing, Motorsports, and Track Days' started by BadGrrmmr, Feb 3, 2016.

1. Hey All,

Just wondering if the prices of tyres at SMSP track days are stupidly expensive or if they're kind of reasonable?

2. I got quoted $600 for Dunlop Q3 front and rear including fitment. Bikebiz have them at the moment for $439.95 not including fitment.
    Ill let you decide what end of the expensive scale they sit on.

Edit - Forgot to mention this was last Saturday so prices are up to date.
  3. Wow 600 for q3's is a bloody rip off .
  4. Thats what I thought. I was prepared to pay a little extra because of the convenience of already being there but not that much extra.
  5. If you need tyres get them before you go to the track always cheaper that way.
    • Agree Agree x 2
  6. Thanks guys,

I messaged the track day guys on TheFaceSpace. They've said for my bike, a rear Pirelli Diablo Rosso Corsa 180/55/17 is $350. I'm assuming it's not fitted which would probably push the price up some more.

I'm pretty sure I don't need a new tyre, just hoping to find out in case they knock me back.
  7. $350 should be fitted. Bit exxy otherwise
  8. I got Q3 rear tyre fitted for 275 last time I was at my track day 2 weeks ago.

Bike Biz has these for 249 excluding figment. So 25 premium was worth it for me as I got a warning just before my 5th session that my tyre was almost used up. Took it easy in my fifth session and rode straight to tyre pit afterward and got a brand new q3 go ride back home on :).
  9. Did you do the 6th session on your newy?
  10. Was contemplating it but was just too buggered and still had 45 minute commute back home.

The guy said one lap is enough to scrub it in.

I just rode home after 5th session and scrubbed the tyre in at Old pac last Sunday :).
    My bro has gone out on new tyres at SMSP and said after 1-2 laps he started to push his tyres. Benefit of q3 is they heat up really quick on the sides so quite confidence inspiring.
  11. Yeah would have been a nice way to scrub the new one in and get rid of those chicken strips!
    • Agree Agree x 2
  12. Mega tyre prices are pretty competitive. Come down to the island instead. I agree with darrenwilliam79darrenwilliam79 that should be fitted price.
  13. What are chicken strips?

Attached Files: