Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Smiling ear to ear

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by undii, Jan 17, 2006.

1. Just had one of my most fun rides and I only had to ride to the dentist 15 minutes away. From richmond to Elsternwick.

It all started when I got petrol. An elderly gentleman (about 70ish) yells out to me whilst pointing to my bike "That's the only way to go isnt' it!" I nod and reply "sure is!" He then gives me a big smile then frown. He points at his wife sitting in the car and says "I'd still be riding except *SHE* made me stop!" Not in much anger but the half I love you wife but you suck for doing this type of emotion. hehhe

He came over once he filled up after I paid for my petrol. So cheap to fill up isnt it and the dumbest thing ever was letting her make my licence run out. He gave me a heart filled pat on the back and says "Keep enjoying it son!! You lucky son of a biatch"

After that I was grinning on the outside and inside big time. Then every pedestrian and car moved (that was in the way) to let me lane filter along glen huntly road until I got to the dentist.

Ju st got back from the dentist and I'm still grinning from those incidents. ROCKIN! :grin: :grin: :grin:
  2. Good aint it. :grin: :grin:
  3. They should hand that bloke out with every dentist's appointment.
  4. That's a great story.
    And its probably the only time your dentist has ever seen a smiling patient too, so your dentist got something out of it too.
  5. awww you didnt offer the old guy a quirt on your bike....

6. That would have put you in the right frame of mind just before a dentist's appointment.

Which reminds me, I think it is about that time again that I made a visit :cry:
  7. I thought it was dangerous to ride after sucking on the laughing gas?
  8. that what everyone should do / be like
    i recon if ur doing your Ls on the car u should do .... a riding course as well...
    then everyone will be smiling :LOL:
  9. Yeah it is but I didn't have any(or any other anaesthetic). A temp tooth cover and a mould for the crown I am getting in ~2 weeks.
  10. a guy said something like that to me at the servo last week he was shocked at what it cost to fill up and i commented said if it never rained id ride it everyday & everywhere he gave a heart warming grin. the nice people are always at servos
  11. funny how little things can really make your day eh.