Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

SMIDSY Song Poll

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by Maurice Blackburn, Dec 8, 2011.

1. Queen – ‘The Invisible Man’

10 vote(s)
  2. Editors – ‘Munich’

1 vote(s)
  3. Snow Patrol – ‘Open Your Eyes’

30 vote(s)
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. #1 Maurice Blackburn, Dec 8, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2015
    Thanks to everyone for your SMIDSY Song ideas both here and on facebook.com/stopsmidsy. We've whittled it down to three for the vote:

Queen – ‘The Invisible Man’ [media=youtube]zKdxd718WXg[/media]
    Editors – ‘Munich’ [media=youtube]IxQc-WmU4nM[/media]
    Snow Patrol – ‘Open Your Eyes’ [media=youtube]fk1Q9y6VVy0[/media]

Kudos to Nigel, Sophie and Nightowl for some choice pickings; as promised there's a SMIDSY T-Shirt and stickers waiting for the winner - good luck!
    • Like Like x 3
  2. I voted Queen - Invisible Man.

The only reason for this is because it was the only song of the 3 I knew.
  3. Invisible Man's video dates into something really unfortunate, doesn't it. >_<

Thankfully that's moot and the song is the catchiest and gets to the point faster than open your eyes. Also, Munich is awful. *ducks*
  4. Queen for me since I posted it in the first place :p
  5. I think the chorus in 'open your eyes' would be the best to use, especially if you want to hit home with the message. It seems to give that feeling. I do like 'invisible man', but it's not as sombre as open your eyes.
  6. Open your eyes for me

Tapatalking from somewhere, maybe even behind you so look out!!!
  7. Open your eyes for me as well should work well with the planned add's hope they will let you use it
  8. The Snow Patrol one is the only serious choice of those for me; it's accessible and inoffensive, and is also sad and wistful (so can easily be reinterpreted to suit the need i.e. "Please don't run over me. I have a family, and they'd miss me very much.")
  9. Open your eyes for me too
  10. Open your eyes X 2!
  11. #11 Timbothecat, Dec 9, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2015
    Open Your Eyes is perfect I reckon. Although this [URL="]Birds of Tokyo offering[/URL] would have gone pretty well too in my humble opinion...
  12. I reckon Open Your Eyes will suit the advert however Ace of Spades by Motorhead fkn rocks
  13. Win some, lose some, it's all the same to me...
  14. Looks like Snow Patrol's "Open Your Eyes" has clinched the title of SMIDSY Song - congrats to Nightowl!
    • Like Like x 2
  15. But that's the way i like it baby I don't wanna live for ever !
  16. Cool! :D
    Thanks Adam/Maurice Blackburn and everyone who took a moment to vote.
    So many great songs put forward to choose from, not sure how you settled on just three, but many thanks.
    Wishing you guys every success with the campaign.