Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

SMIDSY ... Bike or rider?

Discussion in 'Your Near Misses - A Place to Vent' started by Thera, Nov 24, 2009.

1. I am starting to come to the conclusion that it is not the Bike the other person doesn't see, It's the Person Riding it.

Last Night for Example I was cruising down Lauren's Street(Not far from "The Diner") Only to have a numpty decide to turn probably 20 odd meters in front of me into Queensberry Street...(Google map)

I happened to be Driving a 1986 Hilux 4x4 at the time(Lifted 3" + Bullbar +all the other usual stuff. No, no poxy Driving lights on the Roof). I really couldn't be much Bigger then if I was in a truck(And from some other threads, that doesn't appear to make a difference either).

Since I have gotten onto Road Bikes the number of people who try to merge on top of me in my good cage or my ute as risen exponentially. I am starting to form the Hypothesis that when we take up "Riding" Our genes change and when we get mobile we must become more and more Chameleon like.

Who knows Next week you might put your hand in your lap, and not be able to find it untill you drop the Stapler on it. Sorry Hand I couldn't see you!
  2. Nah. Your senses have sharpened due to riding and you're just seeing the near misses that you didn't even notice before :wink:
  3. or you're taking up the habit of hanging out in people's blind spots.
  4. That must explain me having to jump out of the way at a shopping centre pedestrian crossing two weekends ago. I had my wallet in my pocket and it allows me to ride a bike. Therefore, I couldn't be seen. The numpty had his kids in the car, had his phone to his ear, looked at me and just kept on going. What a good example.