Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Smelly pants

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by Christinek, Nov 24, 2014.

1. Hi all,

I've just gotten a pair of Sartso Kevlar/Dyneema jeans, and they have a funky smell about them. Can anyone tell me if Kevlar or Dyneema typically smells when new, and if this will fade?
    Alternatively could just be the dye....

2. Shouldn't be smelly maybe give them a wash and see if that cures the problem.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. You really are tempting fate, asking a question like that, on this forum.
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. Were they wrapped in anything? Have no idea why they smell....have bought two pairs mail order and no stink! Like kevo said, give them a wash....:)
  5. thanks all, I'll wash them and fingers crossed the smell goes, spose I should wash myself too while I'm at it
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. I saw the first post before the reply's but don't need a ban at the moment
  7. Mmmm... Kevlar funk smell... Mmmmmm... Nearly as good as leather funk smell... Mmmmmmmmmmmmm... Leeeeeatheeeeer fuuuuuunk... Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...
  8. I can't believe how tame this is, has a mod been cleaning this up?

In answer, I've never noticed an unusual smell from any new Kevlar jeans that I've bought (not before I've worn them anyway).

Maybe that's it. Maybe the pair you bought had been worn and returned.... ;)
    • Agree Agree x 1