Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

smart cars?

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by enzise, May 30, 2007.

1. i heard somewhere that people are buying the smart cars and putting like R1 engines in them.

A. is this true
    and B. anyone got any videos??
  2. #2 MrFerret, May 30, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2015

A: Yes it's true ...

B: [media=youtube]MtDTG18MxIs[/media]

C: Try the search function (never know what it'll turn up)

D: Browse the Multimedia category

HTH :grin:
  3. :google:
  4. E. All it means is you have a car that goes faster in a straight line but still can't corner. The only half-decent Smart car is the Brabus V6 Roadster.
  5. jd, wasn't that a one off concept?... or am i thinking of the dual engined smart roadster?
  6. The Brabus is the twin-engined one - the V6 is made by grafting two standard 3-cylinder Smart engines together. Wasn't exactly a one-off though production was pretty limited, think less than a dozen cars mainly due to the fact that they were extremely expensive. Still if you had the money I'm sure Brabus would make another one for you.
  7. can i borrow some money? :LOL: :LOL:
  8. You're gonna have to borrow a lot - think the Brabus was worth around A$800,000 :shock:. I could think of plenty of other cars I'd rather own that cost a lot less than that (new Lotus Elan would be nice [-o<).
  9. Save yourself some money and buy Aussie made, whan in 'production'

the Joss supercar should sell for around the $200,00 mark