Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Smallest lightest scooter options

Discussion in 'Scooters' at netrider.net.au started by oldmanriver, Sep 13, 2008.

1. Looking for a small light scoot that I can put in the back of my van to get around town when the van is parked on display for business events/shows. I saw the Madass but its still 100kgs anyone got other suggestions for a small light scooter?
    thanks

2. Hmmm, if you want something really light your looking maybe a 50cc-100cc.

Benelli Pepe 50 cc- 82kg

TGB R50 50cc - 92kg

Peugeot Speedfight 50cc - 90kg

Honda Today 50cc - 70kg dry!

Aprillia SR50

Yamaha Beewee 100 - 90kg

Theres plenty of scooters available these days..

Checkout www.scootersales.com.au

Goodluck in your search. I think the Peugeots look the best.

3. How far do you need to go when riding the scoot? If its more than 5kms, get a 125cc, eg. bug agility, otherwise you'll be stuck with a max speed of 50-60

4. Bolwell Jolie, 80kg (dry).

5. [​IMG]
    2kg.
    Probably faster than those ^ 50cc ones too

Sorry, couldnt help myself

:LOL: :LOL:

Lobby

6. thanks guys Ill check some of those out. Its just for getting around town so dont need to go far. 50cc should be fine but Ill test drive a few to make sure.

7. I can strongly recommend the Jolie too, it's cheap but reliable. Not forgetting to mention that you can put quite a lot of mods to it. 70cc, etc...mine pretty much outrun a lot of other scoots flat.

Bad Lobsta need a spank from mommy? On a sidenote, get the pot boiling boys, we got a lobsta to cook :LOL: :twisted: