Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Small topple - bike wont start :sorted - it was a blown fuse

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' started by pete AU, Mar 6, 2006.

1. I wonder if anyone can help.

Had a small topple on my Hyo GT250. Hit the road - Right hand down first (good reason to wear gloves).

Hit the road but did no visable damage to the bike other than snapping off the knob of the front break leaver.

Problem is when I righted the bike it wouldnt start.

I've wheeled it home now and am trying to work out what to do.

Any ideas guys/grls.
  2. It's probably just flooded, give it a bit of a rest and go and try to start it later.

Glad you and the bike are ok :)

oh....and make sure you didn't knock the kill switch when you went over (Flick it to on or run)
  3. Yeah - its not the kill switch. I'll let it sit for a while and try later.
  4. I had trouble starting my vtr after a drop, had to wait a while, then when I hit the ignition I had to rev the hell out of it to keep from stalling.

Then when put it in first, it stalled probably 5 times before it was back to normal....

just keep trying to turn it over I guess?!
  5. but be careful not to run the battery flat trying to get it to start!!!
  6. With the ignition on im getting no horn or lights either - totally dead.
  7. did your battery connections get knocked off in the tumble?
    I wouldn't think the battery would go dead that quickly?!
  8. Everything looks well connected - i cant work it out. Battery is ok.

Really - was just a minor fall - walking pace stuff.

If these things get knocked out that easily this will be the first and last Hyo I buy.

Can you tell I'm getting frustrated now.
  9. When i have seen a bike dropped on its side they keep cranking it till it fires.
    They tend to flood from what i have been told.
    As all the oils, petrols etc slosh over to places they shouldnt normaly go.
  10. I thought it wasnormal to not have lights or horn till engine running? I know on mine it doesnt happen till engine on.

11. sorry buddy... I'm out of ideas.
    I'm curious to know what the hell is wrong though...
  12. Does it try to turn over??? Did it try to turn over before and now there is nothing??? Is there any sound at all when you try to start it???

Check the fuses just to eliminate them (Dunno why they would've blown but you never know)
  13. Anyone close who can go over to help?
  14. Nope - couldnt get it to turn over even once.

Totally silent.....

Must be something electrical.

Anyway - its a pub hol over here today so the dealers closed. I'll call them on tues. When I fid out what it is ill let you know.

Thanks for all your ideas guys.
  15. Kraven - you bloody legend.

It was a blown fuse. All up and running now.

Man what a forum.
  16. Grab a multimeter and check the charge on your battery. Normal voltage should be 13.8 - 14.4v.

Any less than that will be very hard to start the bike with.

17. Way to go!!!!!