Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

NSW Small capacity four stroke racing

Discussion in 'Racing, Motorsports, and Track Days' started by zx9er, Nov 23, 2014.

1. Gday,

What amatuer racing options are there for small capacity bikes? I'd really like to race a zxr250 if I can find a bike and if there's a category it can go in. I've had a bit of a look into bucket racing, I wasn't clear if there were any options for the 250cc four strokes. Is there any other period racing or other racing groups that are available?

I'd definetly like to keep it amatuer and like to keep it cheap.

Any ideas?

2. Given the age of most of the sports 250s knocking around, they should be eligible for the more recent periods in Historics. A four stroke won't be competitive against the TZR/RGV/KR1 competition but it would be eligible and there's no reason why you couldn't run one as long as you accept you won't be winning anything. Mind you, it's surprising what can be achieved by not breaking down and not crashing. The old adage 'to finish first, first you've got to finish' springs to mind.
  3. Where are you located? Plenty of racing in that class in Victoria, mostly Ninja 250 and 300's, but the ZXR is more than competitive.
  4. Haha thanks Pat. Do the historics have a webpage I can look at? Of course I'd like to be competitive against the opposition so a rethink of which bike to run might be in order. I'd really like to go kawasaki though.

I'm currently residing in NSW, eastern creek being my local track until the new one at Llandilo (I think) becomes open.
  5. I'm only familiar with WA but a Google of historic motorcycle racing clubs or similar should point you in the right direction.
  6. Try St George motorcycle club
  7. In Victoria the class your contemplating is called "Club Sport". They race examples of most of the 250, 4cyl, 4 strokes and are often combined with the 250 proddies at club level race meetings. It has a small but dedicated following and the guys at Vic Wreckers are the ones to talk to about the class.
  8. Plenty of CBR250RR's racing in SEQ with the motorcycle sportsmen - I'd be one of them. Check out the teamtiger.com.au website for more info about the racing I do. ZXR250's are eligible as P6 250 Production.
  9. Thanks. SEQ?
  10. South East Queensland