Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

small bike wash tip

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by slyfox, Nov 16, 2006.

1. i know it's been said 1000 times before but once more won't hurt. go easy on the throttle after washing your bike! :shock:

i tested my brakes as i went off to leave the wash place this evening, noted a car approaching in the second incoming lane, the exit lane was free so i took off but gave it some gas just to stay ahead of the other bloke who was going to be in the lane next to me.

*vrommm* *slippppp!* :eek: the bloody back wheel stepped out about three feet i reckon, i reflexively kicked down my left boot and stopped the bikes rapid decent towards the asphalt while dropping off the throttle, i managed to get it back to upright before taking off more sedately, the guy approaching me from behind in the next lane over must have been almost as suprised as me. :p
  2. Gezz pretty lucky you didnt hurt yourself or the bike. :? .i will keep that tip in mind . :wink: . ride safe m8 :cool:
  3. free tip number 2.. when washing your bike - dont put mcguires on your bike seat..