Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Slow Blinkers on a VT250 Custom

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' started by fightingtiger, Jul 20, 2010.

1. Hi Guys

Riding the sons VT250C around - nice little cruiser.

One issue though, there seems to be a time lag between pushing the blinker switch either right or left and the actual light flashing.

This seems to get worse the colder it is.

Considering this morning when I came out I had to scrape ice off the seat you can imagine there was a delay happening.

Now while this has caused me to plan my trips better and make sure I hit the switch early rather than late I would like to know if this is common or is there maybe something I can do to fix it.

My view is it may be a dodgy on the way out blink can.

Any ideas

2. It is fairly common. You can try and run an aftermarket cap and hope it loads quicker the first time or look at lower wattage bulbs.

The fact there is a difference depending on condition indicated (boom boom) that cleaning all the indicator seats and earthing points may help.
  3. I have exactly the same problem with my CB250 at the moment, sometimes it takes 4-5 seconds for the indicator to get-going. I'm going to try ibasts advice this weekend about cleaning the contacts and I was thinking of just replacing the relay outright if its a $5 part...
    let me know if you have any breakthroughs!
  4. New relay fixed the problem for me. A genuine honda part was $66 so I got a you-beaut china one instead for $8 and it fits fine and works great. Hope something this simple resolves your issue too!
  5. Update.

New blinker ( the real Honda one) but still an issue and when i flex some of the wires it starts quicker.

So I am assuming I either have an earthing or wire issue so this will be a weekend putt it to bits fix. Good thing is the seat will soon be off for a recover so I can fix it then.

Catch ya