Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Slippery Clutch

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' started by Guest, May 11, 2005.

1. My bike(99 zx6r) is having hormonal issues :evil: . When im high in the rev range bout 11k itll rev the hell out of itself then pop back in normally and keep goin for no reason.
    I thought i was covering the clutch but i have no fingers ahah. (kidding for all those who have no sense of humour :LOL: ) (back to serious)
    It also sometimes doesnt go into gear properly when im giving it some of the line it revs the sh!t out of itself and pops in and scares the hell outa me, maybe im not kicking it in hard enough but peircing my shoe with the gear lever isnt my idea of fun. Im thinking it may be the clutch but its only done about 13k.
    Can anyone help its really driving me up the tree, will do literally soon.
    Thanx all

2. The ZX6R's were not renowned for their gearboxes.

I think from memory they have 1 gear down, 5 gears up and 43 neutrals.

My 98 needed the gear lever kicked in really hard when giving it full bananas otherwise it would pop out of gear.

As for the clipping clutch, its certainly sounds as if it's gone. 13K km isnt much if the clutch has been abused.
  3. What oil are you running? Some really slippery stuff can cause a problem with the clutch (ie frition modifiers), then again it could just be shagged due to many mono's and burnouts :)
  4. well my 7 only has 42 neutrals so ner :p
  5. Thanx for the help all

I think its me, dont know how but im kicking it in harder than i was and seems to be alright, i dont think i was getting a good grip b4 :evil: when accelerating so hopefully a bit more concentration on my toesy woesys should be all i need.

Thanks again. :wink:
  6. Damn!

and I thought this was going to be a thread about a girl I once knew with a bad speech impediment!!! :shock:
  7. Bahahaha! :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
  8. I got absolutely flamed to hell by a couple of experienced riders a little while ago when i suggested that the method i use to change gears would be described as a swift but soft kick. Whilst my technique has not changed, i replaced the words soft kick with firm click; they seem to like that much better. ;)