Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Slip on?

Discussion in 'Bling and Appearance' started by NathansIntruder, Jun 26, 2016.

1. I want to lengthen my current exhaust and add a baffle to the new piece, my theory is to go to a exhaust place and get a length of pipe that will fit over my current exhaust and slash cut it and fit it over my current pipes. Does this sound like a good idea? Thanks in advance!

2. for what purpose? to make it quieter?

the large diameter of the muffler, or smaller diameter of the outlet pipe?
  3. the diameter of the the new pipe would only be a fraction larger as it would be an interference fit over the current muffler, with a baffle added to the new section to quieten it down as the previous owner debaffled it and it is ridiculously loud...
  4. You might be better trying make a dB killer insert that you can fit into the end of the existing pipe.
    An insert between 150 and 200mm long of tube around 1/3 of the diameter of your outlet pipe and the the inserted end crimped or welded closed would be a good place to start.
    Add a pair of U or L shaped brackets at the open end and use them to secure the insert to the inside of the outlet pipe using stainless self tappers and shakeproof washers.
  5. Check this to see some insert type dB killers, you can get an idea of what they're like and maybe make on to suit your exhaust.
    db killer insert - Google Search