Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Slip on exhausts and engine life.

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' started by Compliance, Feb 28, 2011.

1. Hey guys.

Recently installed a two brothers vale m2 on my ER6N and I'm looking at having it dyno'd and a Power Commander put in.

My question is, will "suping up" a bike increase the wear on the engine and related parts.

Would having the bike remapped be "healthier" considering it has a more personalised map?

Fairly new to this area so bear with me.

2. getting it re-mapped will be best for the engine in the long term.
    it's probably currently running too rich, popping on decel, power commander will sort that
  3. That's going to be a whole lot of mula for about a 6hp gain. Mmm Are you on the right bike ??? For you and what you want. Remember every $ you put into the bike is gone like last nights dinner.
    We had a ER6 with a full Micron system on it and it really made it rev a whole lot quicker. It was a totally different bike to ride. I know I am sounding contradictive here. But that was all it made on the dyno. But by the seat of your pants you would think it was ten or fifteen more.
    Hense it highlighted how crappy the rear shock was. Once you start to play it gets hard to stop.
    I would go the PC and a decent mechanic. If your still not happy then go the dyno. Dyno's are not cheap and finding a guy who really knows what he is doing and CARES os like hens teeth.
  4. Hey thanks for the help.

I'm more interested in simply the longevity of the engine. Not really after super performance increases. I just wanted a pipe that sounds nice and I'm curious as to what the best course of action would be to ensure I'm not causing harm to my bike after these modifications.

If having a PC put in by a mechanic is all it takes for it to run nicely then thats what I'll do. Dyno was just what I thought would be required to get a good map.