Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Slip on exhaust for 2001 CB400 VTeC spec II

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' at netrider.net.au started by Jasb, Sep 19, 2011.

1. Hi guys,

Been riding for about 3mths now and am onto my P's, so still kinda new to bikes and servicing etc etc. I have a damaged slip-on RaceTune exhaust that i need to replace as the rego is up next month. Ive covered it up with heat tape and fixed it in place, but im assuming it still wont pass the safety checks. I cant seem to get in touch with RaceTune in order to replace it (number disconnected).

Finding a slip on exhaust has been a real nightmare for this model CB400 in this country. The exhaust (fittings i assume) arent the same as on the newer model CB400's on sale here. So suppliers arent keen to send me something that may not fit, and im not willing to take the risk with the expense. I have chased stock in Japan for Moriwaki and Yoshimura and both are having stock issues. Ordered twice off of japanwebBike to have the orders cancelled due to stock issues.

I really like the Ixil shorties from screaming demon in Perth. But Shane and the guys arent sure they'll fit. Is this something a mechanic can adjust when installing? Im just not sure what the differences are and whether a Spec III model slip-on can be adjusted to fit a Spec II. Thoughts?

Does anyone know where i can get a decent after market exhaust from? Im in the inner city region of Sydney. I like the carbon ones as my bike has black pipes and engine.

Cheers

Jason

Attached Files:

2. If we are just talking a slip on, I would think that any exhaust shop would be able to knock up a bracket and make the exhaust fit, especially if its a close fit.

Failing that, can you ask the supplier for some measurements and compare it to your own exhaust?

3. To Jasb

Iv got a carbon scorpion slip on for my CB400 (2009) it is great . I got it through
    MCAS