Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Slight buckle in rear wheel

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' started by rennie, Apr 11, 2009.

1. Hi all, new to netrider and looking for a little advice...

Just bought a 2000 CBR600F4 and am really happy with it. Just noticed there's a slight buckle in the rear wheel on one side. There's no sign of any paint damage and definitely no cracks or anything. It's obviously been well balanced out too because you can't notice it when riding, even at freeway speeds.

Just wondering has anyone else had something like this repaired, who did the work and how much did it set you back?

I guess the other obvious question is should i bother?!?!

2. piccies of the damage would be good! Can't half judge whether its fine to leave it there if we cannot see exactly what it is.
  3. I would post up a photo, but it's a black rim and unless you see the wheel spinning basically from rear on, you wouldn't be able to tell there was anything there. A video might help, but that might be more trouble than it's worth...
  4. A couple of blocks of hardwood and a big hammer. Thats if it's a ding in the rim from hitting say a big pothole or the like. Free also. Done it a few times on my own bikes. F#cking 60 profile front tyres :mad:
  5. Will cost you around $120 to have it re-rolled & balanced, worthwhile if ya don't have the required hammer n wood. Bike magic in Moorabin did my front for me, http://www.bikemagic.com.au/

Apparently it's illegal to have a repaired rim on the road, but I fail to see how they can enforce that. Just so ya know.