Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Size variations with Helmets

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' at netrider.net.au started by hornet, Nov 16, 2007.

1. I know most of the brand-name snobs here frown on cheaper helmets, but I've been a Nitro user for over two years and can't fault the N-510V, and that's what this is about.

Yesterday I tried on a new 510V; it's now available in straight white, and looks very nice.

I wear a size Large in my present helmet, so I though the Medium the shop had would be way too tight. But no, it fits exactly the same as my current Large helmet, and a Large in white, I'm confident would have been too 'sloppy'.

So it seems that they have kept the model designation, but changed the size parameters :? I'm not saying that they shouldn't have, but if, for example, I'd have ordered a new Large 510V over the 'Net from them, or anyone else, based on my current lid, I would have ended up with a helmet that was a size too big :roll:.

2. Yet another argument for "try before you buy", whether you intend to buy over the net or not.