Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Six degrees of cycle seperation

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' at netrider.net.au started by maduncle, Oct 31, 2006.

1. how many of you have had this happen???

I bought my second hand 2001 model VFR800 from Peter Stevens in Melbourne about two weeks ago - great bike, price and service. I then went eBay hunting for bits and found a rear seat cowl and grab rail set - great - as my bike had neither due to a Givi frme and top box plate. I won the gear and arranged postage from the seller, and asked whether he still had an owners manual floating around. So today I get a call from the eBay seller saying 'I think you bought my old bike'. Turns out I did and also turns out that not only does he have the oringinal manual for the bike BUT a spare key as well which he is posting to me. And it turns out my bike is on the Madaz.com.au website under VFR800 wiyh photos of its trick hi rise exhaust.

So there you go - the biking world is a small one. How may other stories are there about finding your bike bits from previous owners?

Cheers - the maduncle.

Never trust a handy gadget whose instrucion manual is heavier than the gadget.

2. Wow, cool coincidence.

The lesson is: you can get a better deal off a trade-in bike if you sell the accessories separately :p

3. Not about bike bits BUT.

I was at one of my customers today (power station in latrobe valley) one of the guys i met for first time turns out to work in the visitor center in Tarra valley where we are going for the NR overnight stay on 25/29 November.
    Also same place met another guy for first time, turns out hes a ulisys member and knows Speed.

4. Ktulu, a good observation, I shall tuck that away in the memory for future reference :grin:

5. So what your saying is, he now knows your address, AND he has a key for your bike...

Good one!! :LOL:

6. Oops! :shock:

Regards, Andrew.

7. So I guess someone will be sitting on the porch with a shot gun for the next few nights. :)

8. "Free tramapoline?!"

Regards, Andrew.

9. :LOL:

10. Hey - If I can't trust a fellow HOnda rider than who can I trust???

Besides - he is moving to Perth!

11. Not bike related but...
    My house got broken into a long time ago, my video and TV got stolen.
    A few days later my dad was at work at our family pub, he rings me to tell me he just got offered a cheap video if I want to go down there and take a look. Sure enough it was my video, and the guy had my TV in the back of the car too. :shock:
    I said yeah, no worries mate, I'll take them.
    Then I refused to pay and proceeded to tell him that if he ever came near our house or pub again I'd call the cops...cos I had his rego, and the cops had his finger prints. My dad said he was a regular but never came back to our pub again. :grin: