Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Sir Skuffy = Motard Mitch

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by Sir Skuffy, Nov 11, 2004.

1. In-case some of you dont know, I have changed my profile from Motard Mitch to SIr Skuffy..... Long story

Thanks

Mitch

2. My housemate and I referring to humping as "Skuffing"... pronounced "Schuffing".

Long story that can be told short but I'm at work.

So your new nick is rather rude to me!

3. WOW, cant win with the nickname... Cant keep everyone happy but me.... So, for the record...

Skuffy is referring to skuffing the knees, pegs, etc on the bike....So, if it is rude .. TOOOO BAD :D :D :D :D

4. See... Schuffing is reffering to messing the hair of a chick by pushing her into akward positions cramming her into the wall and stuff.

5. Hey Marshy, are you serious or are you having a go??? I have never heard that expression, where does it stem from? I have many friends from the UK, Wales, Ireland, etc and none have ever associated SKUFFING with your description????

Weird brother

By the way, you doing the Halls Gap weekend? 8)

6. scuff ( P ) Pronunciation Key (skf)
    v. scuffed, scuff·ing, scuffs
    v. intr.
    To scrape the feet while walking; shuffle.

v. tr.
    To scrape with the feet.
    To shuffle or shift (the feet), as in embarrassment.
    To scrape and roughen the surface of.

n.
    The act or sound of scraping especially with the feet.
    A worn or rough spot resulting from scraping.
    A flat backless house slipper.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    [Probably of Scandinavian origin; akin to Old Norse skfa, to push.]
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    scuffer n.

[Download or Buy Now]
    Source: The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
    Copyright © 2000 by Houghton Mifflin Company.
    Published by Houghton Mifflin Company. All rights reserved.

SCUFFING

Scuff \Scuff\, v. i. [imp. & p. p. Scuffed; p. pr. & vb. n. Scuffing.] [See Scuffle.] To walk without lifting the feet; to proceed with a scraping or dragging movement; to shuffle.

7. I dunno, after meeting mitch, I think he misspelled his new nick. It should be Sir Skruffy :twisted: :p :LOL: :LOL: \:D/

8. groberts - never knew that!

Like to scuff something ive always thought was to kind of rough it up a bit...

Thus... the link to why my mates and I call it Schuffing.

Kind of more "hip" than calling it bonking or whatever. And its origins is from cramming girls hard against the wall when going at it.. you know when you rumble tumble around a bit.

Anywhoooo.

9. we actually call it "scruffing "