Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Singlets and thongs when riding

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' at netrider.net.au started by Rolski, Feb 8, 2015.

1. I do some part time bus driving in the city of Sydney and now owning a bike, I'm more observant with bikes on the road and I can't believe the amount of riders who wear singlets and thongs!, it blows me away, majority are scooter riders.

2. Scooters don't need to change gears. My sandals help with gear changes on the bike. That's why I will only ride with singlets and sandals.

Seriously, their problem. You don't have to do it, so let it be.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Yeah but they are not blue singlets and double pluggers I bet. Risk takers.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. There are lots and lots and lots of ATTGAT threads on here mate and few of them end well. The rule of thumb is you wear what you want. Just a heads up of what might follow.
    It's also worth using the search function to see if there is already a thread on the topic you want to discuss before starting a new thread. It's a good habit to get into and also allows you the opportunity to read others opinions and attitudes on the subject before you dive in.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Yeah I wouldn't ride with a singlet and thongs. I prefer the extra protection that t-shirts and my birkenstocks offer.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Do you buy your thongth in a muthic thop?

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. I can't believe the number of riders who go around in full leathers but ride like they've got a 20 inch rod rammed up their arse.

• Funny Funny x 2
  8. You never noticed people riding in singlets and thongs before? Says it all really.

9. I thought width was more satisfying than length.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. He may have been referring to 20 inches girth.

• Funny Funny x 2
  11. Not allowed:

285205_2026608906946_1295752412_32011643_7091744_n.

Allowed:

R11.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. That's outrageous! He's left the rear foot peg in the down position.

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. If you can't ride down to the shop without needing full gear you shouldn't be riding.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. Don't go there purleeeeeeeeeease no, for the love of all that is holy....
    wear what you want...naked with nothing but cling wrap or full medieval armour ...just don't bring it up on NR unless photos esp,the cling wrap lol!

• Like Like x 1
  15. Speaking from experience?

16. Rode in my office shoes the other day and it sucks. Changing gears just feels wrong.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Try it in 6 inch heels...ha! Mission impossible.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  18. Fully kited up today in the Southern Highland and absolutely cooked,wish I had brought my Camelback.

19. That's a tennis ball down in that mankini........Borat would be proud

20. Shorts, singlet, thongs an open face hemet, try it at least once and you'll understand why others choose this option as it feels great on a warm sunny day.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1