Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Single seat conversion in QLD ?

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' started by cuvy, Feb 2, 2006.

  1. Hi All,

    Thinking about converting the SRX to a single seater - I've got the bits and know where to get a compliance plate, but buggered if i can find out what you're supposed to do after that.

    Can anyone help me? I guess you'd get a piece of paper from the place that puts the compliance plate on, but then what do you need to do with qld transport to change the rego over?

    Thanks in advance,

  2. think you'd have to take it to the transport dept for a check
  3. Try youre RTA office for the approved engineers listing first

    You will need the engineer to sign off the modifications and provide the documentation for your visit to the transport Dept your engineer will need to see all the details of the mods to ensure they are legal to the DOTARS guidelines

    Of course you will pay for this at about 80-100 bucks per hour of the engineers time

    Thats of course you dont tell any body :roll:
  4. wrong brucey.

    after you change the seat to one only (is it single or dual seats?) remove rear footpegs (and brackets if it's not holding anything onto the bike), get the compliance plate fitted, they give you a certificate, take that and the bike to QLD transport and they may/may not want to inspect the bike, and they change it over, free of charge.

    QLD is completely different to victoria, and doing this saves you $240 a year on rego/ctp.