Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Singing While Driving?

Discussion in 'Politics, Laws, Government & Insurance' started by pete the freak, Jul 20, 2005.

1. When ever I ask anyone "do you sing while you ride?", I always get weird looks.

But here's the proof:

Now, discuss.

P.S. Hey everyone, been a while... 8)

2. i sing / rap

oooooh yeah, im gonna go far, gonna go far on my ZZR !

3. I have the ipod hooked up so im singing all the time . Bucksfizz , abba , nickie webster , they rock .
  4. Good to see you back Pete!

Yep, I sing whenever I haven't got my walkman with me on the bike and sing along when I do. This may be one reason people are always telling me to get some louder pipes for my bike.

:D :D :D
  5. walkman? ipod? what happened to RAW TALENT :D

i'm forever singing in my helmet, sometimes get a little bit of head movement or some tapping happening aswell. its the one time i can just go crazy and sprout all the weirdest shit you'd ever hear. i'm glad no-one else can hear it tho, cos it makes ME laugh most of the time, god knows what others would think :shock: :LOL:
  6. I find prodigy helps me concentrate more.

I wounder if they found that celine dion makes more accidents, with people aiming for the nearest tree when they hear it ?? :)
  7. i tend to listen to heavy metal more then anything, Mudvayne, Slipknot, Hatebreed, etc, so i'm always going at least 20 over every speed limit and weaving through the traffic, this could explain why i owe over $500 for fines :D
  8. gotta say i miss my music on the bike, thats my only complaint about riding
  9. Sing, bop the head a little, swear at pedestrians and cagers occasionally you name it :)
  10. I like to lip synch to rap and focus on my breathing. :D
  11. I find myself singing on occasion... I really need to get an MP3 player/radio for my bike, I hate not having music... I miss the radio I had in my car more than the heater. Riding to work in -4 degrees can be chilly.
  12. I'm glad my MP3 phones fit under my Shark. Bit of old school Metallica for the hwy or maybe some Creadence but for more edge of the seat type concerntration a bit of Linkin Park... Got that "Red Dragon Tattoo" song stuck in my head now, heard it on that Stephen Kings Kingdom Hospital DVD. Anyone know where I can get Ivys "Worry about you" (theme song from same DVD)?

"Go on have a Bundy"

"I'm sorry I can't, I'm alergic to it"

Go on, one won't kill you"

"Um yes it will"

13. I sing! But I sing weird stuff (did I hear somebody say, "Figures."?)

I sing Gilbert and Sullivan songs and silly songs like "My mother said not to put beans in my ears"

I also sing timeless classics like Jim Croce's "Time in a bottle" and Otis Redding's "Sitting on the dock of the bay."

I get some strange looks from other road users, but then again, I think THEY'RE pretty strange too, cos I'm having more fun than them.
  14. Given my "singing" voice I probably should sing more than I do.

It would certainly clear a way through crowded traffic :LOL:

that or make me a target for every music lover on the road... :?
  15. In space no-one can hear you scream :shock:

In my helmet no-one can hear me sing :roll:

The EPA are happy about that :D
  16. I'm not sure I know you all well enough to share my singing exploits but here goes....
    Whenever I dont have my MP3 player I sing and dance (yes dance) while riding, especially on longer trips. Sometimes I sing the usuals like 'Eye of the Tiger' (a particularly good song for head banging) and Linkin Park, other times I turn road signs, posters, or the actions of idiot cage drivers into songs and shout them at the top of my lungs! And as Coconuts says other people may thing I'm crazy but geez I have a bucket load of fun, and it used to make the boyfriend laugh....
    ...Actually come to think of it maybe that's why I'm now single....

I don't see no Olive trees... \:D/ \:D/
    Do you see dem olive trees? ':-
  17. Sing??? Dude, I DANCE!!! I had this song stuck in my head today, the sun was shining, the cars were showing me respect (and those that wernt, I didnt care about cos it was such a nice day :p) so I leaned into my foot pegs and shook my arse... I swear that guy on the R6 was talking to be becuase my ars... i mean, bike, rocks...

as jafu said in my helmet no one can hear me sing, so I go all out.
  18. i knew that damn bike would come between us evenually
  19. why do you think i wanted to bring it inside??

so I could sit on it while naked... ;)
  20. i still think the vase idea is a more practical idea