Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Since there are so many Firefox experts here ...

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by hornet, Apr 12, 2009.

1. .. can someone please explain this???

Our church web-site is regularly updated with photos of visitors, activities, youth club outings, etc, etc, but when you visit the site and click on a picture it comes up and says "You need Firefox to view this picture" or something like that.

I guess this doesn't happen to Firefox users, but it's strange behaviour, and I've never seen it before. It's not being done by a zealous web-master; he's as puzzled as I am.

Does anyone have an answer?

(I can find out more detailed info about the editing programme, etc, if necessary).

oh, the site is www.standrews.org.au The young lady singing in the banner picture on the right is my darling daughter :).
  2. Images worked fine for me on Safari (on Windows) as well, so you might want to get the webmaster to add that. Didn't work with IE.

I'm guessing it's something in Joomla, the content management tool being used to build the site, or in the Javascript source of the page. There may well be a setting in Joomla that the webmaster can change to allow images to work with IE as well.

Still looking...
  3. Because when you use pre-made modules for a pre-made cms, you get pre-made zeal.
  4. This thread raises one possibility - the image tags need to have a 'height' attribute (rather than just using the height of the images naturally) to display properly in IE. http://forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?p=1654851

I checked the source and the img tags don't have 'height' set.