Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Simpsons, The Movie has arrived

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by pvda, Jul 30, 2007.

1. Yes this is in General Discussion but if you've actually watched the movie you'll realise it is BIKE Related :p

Went on Friday night and took my 7yo nephew as an excuse to go.

Great movie and one of those you need to see twice to get all the jokes as you're too busy laughing at the first joke to comprehend the next one.

I wont spoil the plot except to say that Homer has to save Springfield in his own special way after causing the problem in the first place.

I have to say after years of watching the Simpsons on TV it was a weird experience to see them on the big screen.
  2. I haven't seen it yet, but it is the must-see movie of the year.

spider-pig, spider-pig, does whatever a spider-pig does

d'oh :LOL:.
  3. Meh. Watched it. Was as good as the Simpsons usually are, and that pretty much sums it up. It was like watching a regular TV episode that goes 3 times as long.
  4. Saw it Thursday night. Absolutely worth the 18 year wait!!!!

And yes, motorcycles do feature in the film...

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Now we wait for the next one:

5. So THAT'S what he said.
    God bless you Pete, all the twats in our cinema had already stood up and were talking too loudly for me to hear by that stage of the credits.

I enjoyed it. There were some good gags - but still fairly standard Simpsons humour.

I like the computer animation in many parts ala Futurama.
  6. I refused to move from my seat until I heard the "Shhhh. Da Da Dum Da Dum Da Dum Da Dum..." at the very end.
  7. It was sort of just an extra-long epic episode, except with futurama 3D stuff and an inspired dick joke.

So, not bad at all.
  8. Was pretty enjoyable - usual Simpsons fare - so if you like the show you'll like the movie. Cinema was completely packed - my only gripe was that my daughter (of course :roll: ) had to go to the toilet right in the middle of the movie, which meant me taking her and missing some of it. :evil:
  9. As a long time simpsons fan I was 'whelmed' by the experience of seeing it in goldclass. Not overwhelmed, as Transformers was the must see movie of the year to date for me. Not underwhelmed as I have seen much worse. I think they would have made a better movie five years ago when simpsons were better.
  10. Damn that song, I couldn't get it out of my head all weekend and you've started it up again :evil:

Ah, previous experience ensured I took the 7yo nephew to the gents just before we walked into the cinema avoiding that problem from previous movies like Herbie, Thunderbirds and so on :wink:
  11. Does anyone else think that the movie is at lease 10 years too late?? Just seemed weird that after all this time and after the massive hype died down, they only come out with the movie now??
  12. I figure its because Simpsons is about done... That's my guess anyway.
  13. hahahahaha was a good movie, lots of laughs!
  14. IIRC Groening wanted the movie to finish the series/have the series finish at the same time, hence the wait before doing it.
  15. It really is like the Family Guy movie, its basically a really long episode. I do like the points in the movie that had little easter eggs (anyone else notice the crashed ambulance at springfield gorge?)
    And the computer animation, futurama style, just rocks.
  16. im the GREATEST simpsons fan!

go on

QUIZ ME! i know it all [except for the movie which is yet to be seen]

huh? huh?
  17. Ooooh lets play simpsons trivia. I am a massive fan of the simpsons and used to collect heaps of simpsons junk. Still have it all in a cupboard and occasionally look upon it all to bring back good ol memories....

I had a simpsons question the other day that was a really hard one and I didn't know the answer and I have forgotten what the question was...

Whats the sea captain's real name???
  18. the sea captain you say penny brain?

[up yours] :LOL:

he doesnt have a name yet, he's like comic book guy who was recently named

1, whats comic book guys name?

2, whats the simpson postal address?

3, how old is marge?

-- ^^ --^^ -- ^^ <---- that's me raising my eyebrows.
  19. Okay kids. You think you know about the Simpsons???

"In which episode, apart from the Mr X* episode does Homer refer to himself as Mr X???"

*When Homer starts a website divulging Springfields' darkest secrets and eventually gets taken to the wacky island.

1 million bonus points for any that can correctly answer that one...
  20. Thats a big call stump. I work with a dude who is obsessed to the point of :? worry as a bystander.

:idea: Pete freak doesnt Homey sign X on a contract, in 1 episode :?: