Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Silly exhaust question

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' at netrider.net.au started by Kaer, Dec 14, 2005.

1. I'm fairly certain that the answer to this is it doesn't give a problem, but I'm just checking.

Whacking on some termi pipes to the monster last night. One of the bolts was stuck on rather tight, and I buggered up the threads trying to get it off. Going to have to drill it out and replace, no biggy.

So anyway, I stuck one of the exhausts on, and the the other is stock.

Apart from looking odd, there's going to be no weird handling issues, correct?

(Yes, it's silly, but I'm just checking. Bike did seem to be handling slightly different, but I wasn't sure if that was juts my overactive imagination)

2. I would guess that if the pipe makes any significant difference to performance, then the motor would be feeling a little unbalanced, like having carbies out of synch.
    If so, it probably wouldn't do much harm to ride it conservatively for a little while, but I wouldn't be stressing the motor, or riding it that way for long.

If it's running nice and smoothly, then perhaps the new pipe isn't doing much.

3. Yeah and one cylinder may get hotter then the other

4. She was a little twitchy, but it was also wet, and I was looking out for any weird handling issues, so was scared I was magnifying a non-existent one, but turns out there is one :)

Thanks. I'll rest her till I sort it out this weekend.