Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Signs your ready for a new bike

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by paul_b, Apr 15, 2007.

1. Ok, apart from the obvious "my bank balance is to large" (who has that problem!!??), what do you think are the obvious signs your ready for another new bike?
    When you drag the pegs on every corner
    When you find youself at the throttle stop all the time. Or does that happen regardless of what you ride?
    When it no longer starts in the morning. :( etc etc

2. when i have a large bank balance...
  3. I'm ready for another bike, not necessarily a new bike, now I have a shed large enough to lock 'em up in :)
  4. I would think that the sign of consistently dragging pegs through corners is a sign that you need to rethink your cornering technique.
  5. When you drag your pegs!! geez, I don't know if that is a good way to ride. http://www.msgroup.org/forums/mtt/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=73

You get a new bike when you have pushed your bike as far as it can go. That usually means when you feel that the bike that you ride can't go faster than what you want it to go. It's time for a step up.
  6. You see how much the same bike as yours is selling for in the "sell your bike threads" :)
  7. when all it's good is a paper wieght :(

NEW BIKE ON TUES :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:
  8. Woohoo!!! is it horn?

9. If you can push the current crop of super sport 600's 'as far as they can go', then you should be racing professionally. Most ( 99.9999% ) people won't get there, so does that mean nobody should ever buy a new bike?
  10. when you are slapping the air like a jocky

'''''COMON '''
    we can do this ,

whilst leaning foreward

hopeing the full throttle
    being twisted nearly to break of point
    will give you More Speed to catch up with your mates
  11. When you stop changing your bike - cos "it will be easier to sell if I leave it as is!."
  12. the minute you get off restrictions........
  13. Im always ready! I accept donations... any bike, any size! :grin:
  14. Simply when the bike is ready for YOU
  15. Well if you put it that way, yes, nobody should buy a faster bike if they can't push the current one as far as it can go.
  16. Very good question. Especially when 250s are capable of any legal speed in Australia and are still faster than most cars.

I'm going to be upgrading to get a physically bigger bike (zzr is pretty small for me), for the increase in engine life (don't have to be at a bazillion rpm 24/7), enough power for passenger, shift in ride style (going to try a more sports orientated sports tourer).

But being ready? Still a hard question :(

I guess you could say it depends on a different question - are you upgrading because you have maxed out some/all of smaller bikes potential or are you upgrading simply for benefits of bigger bike (lower revvs, longer engine life, faster take off, pillion, etc).

Maxed out - sensible enough to not go NUTS on a bigger bike?
    Benefits - Presumably are more sedate rider, skill to handle?
  17. when you feel like it :grin:
  18. When a new bike will better suit your needs and/or make you happier and more satisfied with how cool you look on it.. :)