Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Signing in.

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' at netrider.net.au started by RED ZX, May 31, 2008.

1. Hello all.

been lurking a long time, only just registered today.

Name is Chris, I am 20 from the sunny coast.

I am just getting into riding now, looking to be primary mode of transport, as well as some fun on weekend rides.

I should be getting my open R license on Monday, and hopefully be the end of the week I should have my bike on the road.

The bike I am getting is an '85 VF1000F2. I am 6'5" and 105kg, so I needed a bigger bike to be comfortable, I am hoping to keep this thing for a year or two, then move on to something newer.

Cheers,
    Chris.

2. Welcome Chris, ah the awesomeness of skipping Ls/Ps in qld.. I'd say 1000cc should fit the bill to hawl you around, and then some :D

3. Yeah, damn dude, look after yourself on that 1000cc. Welcome :)

4. cheers for the welcome.

I am not too worried about have the 1000 first up, as it has less or equal power to current 600s or bikes such as the kwaka Z750.

And for $1500 i could not pass it up.

5. Yeah true enough...not like it's an R1 I suppose. Bundles of torque for you, should be good to ride!!! (I don't get too much low down torque on my machine :LOL: :LOL: )

6. Yeah will be interesting riding a V4.

My plan is to be able to ride this bike well, then should make me a better rider when I move to something 20 years newer with 80kg less dry weight.

7. Welcome Chris.

Just talking about the qld vs everywhere else divide - what are the QLD motorcyclist injury and fatality stats versus say, Victoria's where we've operated the 250cc restriction?? Just curious.

8. Thanks,

Well, according to AMCN:

QLD registered 67 rider fatalities this year, 48.9 percent greater than the average for the last four years during the same period.

94.3% of QLD motorcycle licences issued last year were Q-Ride endorsed, but only 33% or rider fatalities were people who had passed through the Q-Ride system.

9. Welcome Aboard Chris !
    :biker: