Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Sigma Sport BC1606L Trip/timer function question

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by mjt57, Mar 29, 2007.

1. To owners of the Sigma Sport BC1606L cycle computer, I have a couple of questions:

Lashed out and bought a SS 1606L. Amongst its varied functions is one that counts down or up as a timer or kilometre timer. I presume that for the countdown bit you enter either a time or distance and it counts down as you progress. I think that you can enter a start time or distance too for count up. What that is for, not sure.

However, here's the main question. In the page for setting the distance counter, after you enter the distance for countdown or countup, it asks for a start time by pressing the two top buttons, Reset and Mode 2. However, I do that and nothing happens.

Is it talking about the current time, eg 10am? Or is it talking about an actual timer?

2. No clue. I've got the 1200 with less go faster-functions. It does have a stopwatch but thats a bit annoying hey..

I found my instructions to be complete rubbish too.
  3. Just had another play, this time with the destructions open at the right page. Still no go on the twin button operation (Reset-mode2). Dunno what it's s'posed to do. Will find out Saturday though, on the Bright ride.