Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Sidi? A*?

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by SpRonG, Jun 22, 2007.

1. Sidi boots are really comfortable but just wanted some feedback from people who have them.

Also anyone got the A* supertechs? Do you find it annoying putting them on and whats it like wearing them for 2-4 hours?
  2. I've got a pair of sidi vertebra2 boots. Entry level but fairly well made and very comfortable. I would never buy any other brand now i've worn these. If you can afford it I would go the vertigo corsa model as they have a lot of adjustment for calves ect. The vertebra have no adjustment however they still fit very well.

The vertigo you should be able to get under $400 and the vertebra under $300 (with some bargaining).
  3. yeah the sidi are really comfortable and alot of support i was so supprised.
  4. I got two sets of Sidi's, a set of Vertigo Corsa's and a set of Vertigo Tepors... fantstic boots both! Crashed in the Corsa's feet first right into a gutter, and walked away no drama!

I don't own a set of A* Supertechs, but do own a set of Teknic Speedstar boots which work on the same principle as the A* Supertechs in that there is a removeable inner brace with an external shell... whilst a great boot, I do find that having to lace the inner brace before putting it into the shell takes up a bit more time, than having to "lock" yourself into a set of Vertigo Corsa's... other than the time problem, I find the inner brace feels fine even when walking.
  5. I have a pair of Sidi "Vertigo Air" boots that I wear 90% of the time I am on the bike. The only time I don't wear them is for the commute to work, where I wear a plain black pair of Falco boots that pass as work shoes.

In fact, aside from going to the gym I don't remember the last time I wore a pair of shoes...

Can't say enough about the Sidis - they have been crash tested, did the job and are still workable (although not so pretty now)!

A great investment.
  6. I have a pair of Sidi Vertigo's. They are nice and comfortable and offer great protection. I like the adjustable calf system where you can tighten or loosen to get the proper fit. Really easy to fit, just zip up the side then tighten the back up.

Any of the top racing boots offer great protection, Sidi, Alpinestar, Oxtar, Gaerne, Puma, Spidi etc.... You can see the top racers wearing a lot of these boots that are available to the general public.