Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Side-trailer? Interesting mod...

Discussion in 'Modifications and Projects' at netrider.net.au started by mendosi, Jul 13, 2012.

1. I'm on holidays in Taiwan at the moment and snapping a few interesting pics of the local scooters and motorbikes (very few motorbikes but I was pleasantly surprised to see a CB400 today!)

Anyway, I thought this was pretty neat:
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1342158037.478419.
    A tray instead of either a side car or a trailer. I guess it handles just as bad as a bike with a side car.

2. The only time I've ever seen something aking to that was a motorcycle hearse.

3. Hearse!

Wow. That is either for the funeral of a very keen biker or in a motorcycle-intensive area.

4. of course some take the motorcycle hearse idea too far...

Motorcycle-Hearse.

and worse still...

motorcycle_hearse.JPG

5. Aw c'mon - that last photo is brilliant!

At least folk would remember your funeral.

6. That is just superb!

And this is why I love this forum.

7. MrsB's first bike was a BSA A10 with a big wooden box of a sidecar. It had been the recovery hack for the local Brit bike shop for 30 years so the box had a drop tailboard that acted as a ramp and was long enough to fit a bike in. Or four nutters doing Hawaii 5-0 impressions on the way home from the pub of course :D.

8. In the days of sidecars - and clearly in countries where sidecars are still seen as functional - that was quite common. Trays, boxes, not just passenger cars.

9. I've always been impressed by the motorcycle restaurants.
    [​IMG]
    815149-Fast_food_for_those_on_the_move_Krabi.
    (I've seen similar attached to old small-capacity UJMs but can't find any pics).

10. Haha, that tops any similar food cart I've seen.

11. Scary part is that's also how they ride them:
    food-cycle.
    Edit: Gotta love the gas bottle rear crash protection :shock:

12. I like the roof. Add a windscreen and you're all set :D.