Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Side street near miss

Discussion in 'Your Near Misses - A Place to Vent' started by bulby, Feb 20, 2012.

1. So here's what happened. I was riding home after a quick run to the shops for ice cream on Sunday. Turned left into a small 2-lane side street and found car heading my direction on my lane. Good thing I did the corner tight, knowing that intersection is quite notorious for cagers forgetting they're not in the US of A.

I finished the turn on the left wheel track, swerved further left and squeezed between the cage and the gutter. His mirror would've clipped my mirror had he not swerved away from me.

The ice cream, bike and myself were unharmed, and they all live happily ever after. The end =]
  2. What ice cream did you get?
  3. Connoiseur, choc flavor. Demolished overnight :p
  4. Good taste in ice creame, not so in streets you travel tho, glad to hear youre ok Bulby
    reckon you need to move house lol
  5. or start riding on the footpath since there's never anyone using them in that area :p
  6. footpath is for left turns at intersections