Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Sick of life in general

Discussion in 'The Pub' at netrider.net.au started by sonja, Jun 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Work is crappy. The pay is pathetic and I’m being left on my own for hours to take the calls and generally get yelled at by lusers. Not that most of it is that bad, the users are generally pretty nice.

The work is just boring and I’m not learning anything.

Most of the calls are just messages for other people (the "glorified receptionist" as mum calls helpdesk), and what is left is either easy fix or f***ing frustrating or one of the ones that hangs in the queue forever.

I want a new bike, but I’m restricted until October (1 year after I got my Ps). I know what bike I want (without having test-ridden it), and the cost is… well… typical for the Ducati. More than I should spend, really. Heck, I don't even know I could get insurance!!

I really don't know what to do and just generally feel like screaming or hacking something to pieces or curling up in a ball and crying.

2. Hey...
    Stop living my life...
    it might not be much but at least it is mine.

[EDIT]You missed it is the middle of winter and i realy miss the sun[/EDIT]

3. I know the feeling, just kep trying to tell myself that it has to get better soon.

4. I know a lot of netriders have severe emotional problems (myself included), so that's why I'm in the proccess of launching the Netriders Problem Page. This will be a great place where you can go to get the hard facts and raw truth on problems that affect all of us in these trying times, like drugs, alcohol, homosexuality and priests.
    Stay Tuned. . .

5. Sorry to hear about that mate, hang in there mate, maybe take some time of work and find some other direction in life? have you talked to any one else close about how you feel?

6. Spend your next pay packet on an expensive dress and go hang out with the rich people. Seduce one and get them to buy you stuff. Its easier than it sounds!!!

7. Sonja, stick with it chookie, set ur goals and just work towards them (lol, hows that comming from me at the moment :? )

whats your number, i'll call and pretend to be a dumb fark.

Oh hey, i dont have to pretend LOL

8. Chin up! We've all had dull/boring/pointles sjobs in teh past!
    Life does get better as you get older, the jobs get better(usually! LOL!) teh amount of spare income you have gets better, friends become more reliable and hang around longer etc.
    My advice for someone stuck in a dull job is to start loking for another. Life is too short to do something you hate, and even though I hated the place I was just sacked from, I love my work.
    By the way, if someone knows how to help a dopey tradesman stop typing teh all the time instead of the, let me know!
    Maybe I need to invent a tradesman's keyboard, with really widely spaced keys for calloused, chunky fingers! LOL!

Regards, Andrew.

9. Yep thats a good idea.

Would it be possible to take some time off? I mean some real time, like a month or so. Maybe even get away from home for a while, take it easy and come back full of energy again. I know i need to do this every now and then. Easier said than done i know!

10. I can totoally understand your dilema...it sucks when you feel like you're in limbo and unable to move forwards and o what you want - even if thats just being inspired at work, but maybe start taking steps to see what you would prefer to do job wise and start trying to maybe change that first...

I swear october will come around a lot sooner than you think...and you may have to progress in stages until you get your dream Duc but it will be worth the wait when you finally get it...

One thing a mate suggested to me once was - write down all the things you find rewarding within work - and all the things that you hate doing in your current job, and it may help you pick a more rewarding or at least more satisfying job...

Keep smiling and you know you've always got us guys here to vent too...

11. Hmmm.....Would that work for me? *goes out to try on dresses*

:shock:

12. Hey Sonja,

cheer up babe... maybe a change is what you need if you're that unhappy with how things are currently?? I'm not qualified to counsel you, but I'm going through similar at the moment with work and life in general... I hate doing what I'm currently doing and because of that I'm starting a new area of study and hopefully by December I'll be working in it if I can hold on til then...

From my experience: my bike and friends are the things that has helped me through my rough times this year... without them I know I would've done something really stupid after the bad ending I had to 2005 :cry:

13. Sonja, I recon you should sit down and work out what you would rather be doing. Then put together a plan on how you will get there. You might need to do certain trianing go to uni or do a special course etc. When you get on the path to acheiving this goal you will have something to look forwad to and make putting up with the shit more worthwhile as you will then know that what you are doing is temporary and there will be light at the end of the tunnel.

14. You should try my Lusers. They are education department issue and hence untrainable. The kids on the other hand are great (with one or two exeptions who really should be culled) The staff are in the main fine.. given that they are untrainable and the wrong screensaver a matter of national importance.

Come on. Have one of mine. They are non fattening :)

15. Hey there,

Just remember that you aren't alone... Most people I know incl myself have their own cross to bear. Sometimes things go your way and sometimes they don't.

I just lost my job after 10 years with a company, 2 weeks ago... Mortgage to pay etc, still no job...

Try and keep a positive attitude...things will get better...... (i know that this is easier said than done)

There's a lighter/brighter side to most things. I look at it this way... Look at all the free time I've now got to go ride!

^_^

16. Think of something you really shouldnt do THEN DO IT :grin:

17. Hey Sonja,

I know this will sound silly, but you have to try to stay positive.
    That's the only way you'll be able to get out of this rut you're in.

Focus on your new bike in October. Do you know what you're going to get? Have you looked around? What options do you have. How exciting is it going to be?

If you keep your thoughts on that, it'll help you through it. I know that for the last couple of months, I've really obsessed about my bike, and that managed to get me out of the $#!thole I'm in.

It's alot harder if you don't have anything to look forward do. Maybe you need to start looking at another job? Too hard? Well, think about what another job can bring you. More satisfaction? Where? How?

I find that if you keep the positive thought as well as dealing with the negatives, it helps.

Good luck.
    :)

18. I've just finished a Diploma of IT (Systems Administration) and I like computers a lot. I love helping people, but people by there very (often stupid) nature sh*t me to tears because they don't understand, and have 0 training in computers, even though they use them every day. (pet hate)

I do need a change, and I'm taking up [please don't laugh] ballet again. I love dancing.

I feel like I don't get to ride enough (I love riding... duh :p ). And my other half is nowhere near as enthusiastic about riding as I am, so I often wind up going alone when I do go. It's not as much fun when my other half comes because he's such a stickler for speed limits and I just want to let my hair out (figuratively speaking. When I really do leave it out while riding, it gets the most horrid tangles).

I guess I'm sick of doing what other people want, be they the politicians and lawmakers or stupid morons on the other end of a freaking phone line.

19. Sonja,

We have all been there, so don't feel like you are the only one. Although every one who goes through this does. :?

If it gets bad have a talk to your GP, it might be something as simple as low iron!
    :shock:
    Anyways I had a bad period a few years ago and turned to mountain biking realy helped me out, physical activity is a good pick me up.

Be brave, life is joyous.

20. Sonja, welcome to the shithole that is my life,
    I too hate my job, My Uni course, and my life in general :LOL:

One thing that has helped over the last year is the people i've met on here and my beautiful hot sexy girl
    Just get out and do something spontaneous, if you have fun doing it it makes the whole week so much better.

That or drugs and alcohol :grin:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.