Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Shuddering when shutting throttle?

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' at netrider.net.au started by julz, Mar 1, 2010.

1. Hello,

Bike - Honda CBR250RR 1990 30K

Any suggestions would be helpful! :-({|=

Whats happening is when i shut the throttle say coming to a stop, i will get a shuddering that im pretty sure is either gear related or chain related. The higher the revs the worse it is.

I get this similar shuddering if it plays up putting it in a gear and will be iffy unless i change gear and goes in properly. Does this make sense?

2. Could be a cush drive or a clutch on the way out.

3. Thanks for the reply, i just had a look at the chain and it looks very loose and dirty and has kinks in it. I lube it but i think its just finished. I might replace the chain first and if still happens ill check your suggestion.

??

4. Chain and sprockets

5. Sounds like a good plan. Change the front sprocket too as they are usually only worth about $20. Have a good look at the rear one too.

6. I changed the chain and sprokets and problems gone, so all those that read this thread ;)