Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

should I?

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' started by nightchook, Jan 24, 2013.

1. hey all, I am thinking of selling my 09 R1 and switching to an 09/10 GSXR 1000, am I mad or crazy? my reasons are I want a more comfortable bike but stay on a sportsbike... the R1 cooks my thighs on warmer days.. yes I have removed the cat for those who will ask.. I'm told by a few that the gixxer is quite a bit more comfortable... I'm 6'1 and about 100kg cos I know someone will ask that too...

2. Have you ridden the gixxer? That would seem to be the first step.
  3. Have a look at the 2011 onwards Gixxers.
    They are about 8kgs lighter and come standard with Brembo brakes.
    Mate of mine got one last year and lives its guts but that all came after test riding the R1, Fireblade and the Gixxer pretty much one after the other
  4. No I haven't reason being I can't find anywhere that has one to test...
  5. What State do you live in?
  6. State of excitement by the sound of it.
  7. Well gets that from a test ride yeah ?
  8. I'm in Melbourne
  9. Byrners Suzuki / Honda in Seaford is where my road the Fireblade and Gixxer back to back.
    He the purchased the Gixxer.
    I got my 2011 Gixxer 600 from them and was very impressed with the customer service and willingness to help/trade and negotiate.
  10. I'll give them a try... they are about the only ones I haven't!