Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Should I or shouldn't I?

Discussion in 'Politics, Laws, Government & Insurance' started by Kaer, Aug 29, 2005.

1. Now with the new Cross City Tunnel open, if I go for the Harbour Bridge, it's going to add at least 15 minutes to my trip (and that's with Lane splitting).

If I go for the tunnel, the proper way, it's going to add about the same.

If I go for the tunnel, go down a dead end street, then ride over the payment, past the poles put there to stop cars doing this, but not the bike, it's going to take me roughly the same amount of time to get home.

The question is, should I or shouldn't I?

And if I was to get busted, what would my penalty be? I wouldn't be taking the pavement at speed, no more than 5 klicks an hour.

2. Do it. If you weren't allowed to ride there, they would have put the poles closer together. :D
  3. I'm with Seany, stuff 'em, they just want to force Sydney motorists to use the rotten thing..........
    (at least John Brogden won't have to worry about apologising for it in 2007!!)
  4. Do it. Unlikely youll ever get busted, and so long as your being sensible you should be able to wriggle your way out of a fine :)
  5. Footpaths?
    They're all the same to us!!
  6. Get off and push ur bike over said footpath? Extra 30 seconds, maybe, but then you probably CAN'T get fined.