Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

should I get a mechanic to look at the bike before I buy

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by Johnskis, Jul 30, 2010.

1. Hi guys

About to purchase my first bike (2008 Suzuki intruder) through a private seller and was wondering if it is benefial for me to get mechanic to check this bike? I am new to he motorbike world so my knowledge is very limited.

Also does anyone know of any mechanics they can recommend?
  2. Where are you?
  3. I'm in cabramatta nsw and the bike is in the north Sydney area
  4. Always a good idea if you don't really know what you're looking at/for. Do a search, you'll find some names and recommendations.
  5. Don't forget to get a REVs check done too.

Good luck!

Fun Ha!
  6. Ah, I'm in Melbourne - had you been local I would have been happy to do the check for you.
  7. I know Hornet here on the forums has helped people out by checking out bikes for them

He likes to help newcomers to motorcycling - I think he just needs an excuse to go for a ride and get away from his wife

He is in Wollongong I think but not adverse to a nice ride
  8. I'd also be happy to help to check out a bike for you. I'm just an amateur mechanic but I know enough from having built a few bikes out of the garage :)
  9. Mate if you could that would be absolutely brilliant. I'm happy to pay you for your time. I know weekends are a precious thing :]. The gentlemen says he lives in Balgowlah 2093. Is that anywhere near you? If its too far out of the way then never mind. I don't to be an inconvenience.
  10. Terrigal is probably closer to Balgowlah than Wollongong, but it's your call, buddy..
  11. Hi Hornet,

Balgowlah is just too far of a distance from Wollongong to even consider asking you. But thanks for the offer mate. I appreciate it.

Unfortunately, marts92 was unable to give me a hand and I tried calling a few places but they were closed already =/