Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Should I contact the Guiness Book of Records people ?

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by Mickyb V9, Aug 4, 2006.

1. I think I performed the worlds longest lane-split this morning ! :eek: :LOL:

The M2 this morning was chockers due to a accident and traffic was basically backed up all the way to Old Windsor Rd. Cars were either stopped or crawling at 5-15km/h !

I kid you not, I splitted from Old Windsor Rd Bella Vista entry all the way to the toll gates. :eek: I think its 10km !

I was extra careful covering my brakes just in case a cager wanted to change. Always watching gaps in the traffic ahead anticipating what cagers would do. For instance if I saw a gap, I'd slow to make sure a car does not change lane.

As usual I got a one beep ! :LOL: wasn't even close to the cager !
    I'd be fustrated also if I was stuck in a Porsche Cheyenne taking 3hrs to get to work and sucking 25L/100km of fuel ! . . . . stupid cager ! :p
  2. Whilst you are talking to them, can you enter me as well. For the shortest time in getting from Tarneit to Windsor in peak hour in just 23 minutes :grin:
  3. Nope. :p
  4. I've split a few long one's, but 10k's! :shock:
    Well done, you must have got through at least and hour quicker than by car.
    Cheers... :grin:
  5. I've never been beeped.

I think that's cause I've got a black bike with a tinted screen and look like a badass in my jacket...

I'm seriously a nice guy though!
    C'mon! Roadrage me!

6. Get close enough to me and you'll be beeped. :grin: :arrow:
  7. honk if your horny?
  8. Terri and I rode from Katoomba to Penrith, mostly in the bicycle lane, a few summers ago.
    She on the Moto Guzzi, me on the Beemer.
    I noted we undertook at least three police cars, one guy on a Harley, one guy on an XT 600 (that was me mate Greg actually) numerous riders on touring bikes and about 3000 cars and the odd truck.

The motorway that passes Birmingham in the south of the UK.
    I lane split (wider lanes however) for something like 27 miles. :LOL:
    Peak hour there is bad. :cool:

But you're getting there Mickster. Keep up the good work. :grin:
  9. I'll be sure to wave then :)
  10. m6 through spaggetti junction, 57 miles (91.7kms) of splitting through dead stopped traffic was the record for me, average was 25 - 35 miles every other friday
  11. You may as well, I've seen dead bikers doing the same (well he was before he died) and you may not have the chance to do it next week.

I'm suprised a coppa didn't get you in that distance.

In my younger days, I would have been right beside you np.
  12. i dont think i know of one person ever pulled by the cops in the uk for splitting, just not something they paticulaly care about.

i have followed cop cars that were pushing through traffic jams (blues and twos going, everybody moving over for them) followed them for about 15 miles - and the two female coppers in the back seat kept turning around smiling and waving.