Hey guys, very first post here on Netrider! So if I'm posting in the wrong place or not formatting correctly etc, just point it out and I'll fix up my mistakes. I'm a noob to this site and to riding (about 6 months of riding). Essentially, I have a 2013 Ninja 300 (ABS) with 30,000km on it. I'm a new rider myself so still have the full 3 years of riding LAMS bikes to go (P's test is in 2 weeks). The bike itself has a few cosmetic issues; a significant chip in the right fairing from a stone on the highway, and a hairline crack in one of the rear fairings from the previous owner trying to remove the fairings in the wrong order. Anyways, so far I have used this bike as my commuter to and from uni/work almost everyday. At this point in time, I have estimated that I would put about 10-15,000km on it per year. At this rate, the bike will have a minimum of 60,000km on it by the time I am able to purchase a bigger bike and move on. Making it almost impossible to sell, if it doesn't develop some serious issues by then anyway. So I've been looking around for newer bikes in the LAMs category to solve this issue and just explore my options further. In the process I went into my local dealer to see what was around and whilst I was there I decided to see what they would give me as trade in for my bike now. They wrote me up an offer of $3,000. Not horrible considering I bought the bike for around $4,000 myself. A loss of $1,000, however I am unsure if I would make even that amount back on the bike trying to sell it privately as I would have to do the RWC, probably fix up a few things etc. Whilst I was there I asked about any used Duke 390's they may have had around. Turns out, there is a 2015 model that had been bought and sold back to them with 12km's on the ODO. It is still so new that KTM are offering the next owner the full 2 year warranty on the bike. The price I got for this bike was around $5,500. New 2016 Duke 390's are fetching around $6,500 for reference. So my question is, for the $2,500 trade up value, would this be worthwhile in the long run? I feel like it would be, not only due to having far less km's on it when I go to sell it in 3 years (or sooner), but also the fact that I will have a warranty backing me up for the next 2 years at least. Something which I certainly don't have on my Ninja 300. All thoughts and ideas are welcome. I'm just not sure if its a worthwhile trade-in. My biggest influence is that I probably won't be able to sell my Ninja for anymore than the $3,000 they are offering me. So whilst that Duke 390 is there for such a steal, I figured I may as well take the plunge and make an investment that would actually yield me more of a return in 3 years than my Ninja. TIA everyone!