Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Should form a learners club.

Discussion in 'New Riders and Riding Tips' started by buzzawak, Mar 9, 2009.

1. There seems to be a rider's club for every grouping under the sun, bar one. A club for learners, seeing we are restricted to 80K we cant go out on the h/way even if you have a bike that can keep up with the pack.

It could be called “LAMs to the slaughter†!

All input welcome.
  2. To bad most member will only last 3 months then move on.

Your better just coming up with L/P plater riders and sticking it in the events forum.
  3. Hahaha. I like it. :)
  4. Hmm, don't think that the capacity for learning would be terribly good. Sort of like the blind leading the blind.
  5. +1 to that, but then again could be no worse then following some so called experienced rider imo
  6. +1.

Yes there is the fear of learners following someone fully sick experienced and taking up their mistakes.

Experienced riders riding with new riders is the best way to learn IMO. And thats how I (and I guess most others) picked up most of their riding abilities. Of course the ride needs to be at a learner pace. Best for learners to lead through some sections so that the experienced rider/s get an idea of the pace, and can give feedback from following and also demonstrate by riding up again once they've figured out the pace.
  7. lol nice idea!