Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Shorten Pipes??

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by mjmoo75, May 8, 2011.

1. Has anyone shorten a set of GYTR Pipes on a 09 R1, I've shorten a Yoshi with success on my last R, but it was Alloy and it's easier to replace one than both. Only want them shorten by about 2 inches to get a cleaner line with the rear tail. but don't want to stuff it, bit hard to ride around with one pipe cause I've stuffed the first one!! ImageUploadedByTapatalk1304827028.080947.

2. If you lose the end cap will they be about right??
  3. What might be easier is if you get custom link pipes made, or even shorten the current ones... If it fits it would be cheaper and easier! :)
  4. My thought was flat endcaps..
  5. I've chopped down a CF pipe before, was no dramas.

If you shorten your pipe won't it make a mess of your fairings and mess with your pillion? I personally wouldn't shorten an undertail.
  6. Not sure, but Acro and Yoshi pipes sit under the tail. Won't worry about the pillion they'll find it hard to hang on without pegs anyway lol. Does anyone know anyone with an R with undertail pipes? Do they make a mess of ur fairings??
  7. Where the end caps start I'd like em to finish.