Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Shortage/ Drought of VTR250's

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' started by Guest, Dec 2, 2005.

1. Is it just me or is a really a problem :wink:

I am looking for a 2003 to 2005 VTR250, and I have been looking on bikesales and bikepoint but there only seems to be a couple of them. Is this usual or not ? Also I am looking at buying at the end of January. Will there be more bikes then or is it hard to say ?

Because I come mostly from a car background, I know what sort of km's a particular year car should have done and how much is a lot for that particular year. Could someone please give me a general indicaton of how many km's a 2003/4/5 VTR250 would have done ? and also what is considered alot for their age.

Thanks for your help

Tim :D
  2. I work mate got a 2003 VTR250 from a dealer with about 10k on the clock.
    He paid $5900 which I thought was OK.
    There were no "extras" in that price, like pipe, screen, rack.
  3. Hi Tim,

I may be selling mine around late February... possibly sooner. It's the deep red 2003 model, has a Staintune, VERY low km's and the only flaw is a tiny scuff mark on the paint from the gear sack rack. Haven't really given price much thought yet but if you're still looking in late January and you're interested, email me then :) nikki@broersfamily.com

4. I am thinking of selling mine :D I am upgrading to bigger bike, '05 VTR250, under 5000km, Honda Service, 6 months old, with warranty, never dropped, mint condition, red with grey rims. PM me if you are interested :) Want to sell in the next 1-2 months.
  5. It's riding season. Bikes get more scarce during the warmer months.